Naš svet /The World We Live In

Every five seconds, somewhere in the world, a child starves to death.

In 1960, 70% of people lived in developing nations. In 2007, 82% of people lived in these countries. 99% of the next billion people born will be born in developing nations.

The richest 20% of the world’s population uses 86% of the world’s resources, leaving 14% of the resources for the other 80% of the world to use.

One fifth of the world’s people live on less than $1 per day, and over half live on less than $2 per day.

One American has as much environmental impact as 6 Chinese or 12 Indians.

(Image via Tumblr.)

This entry was posted in Naredi dobro delo and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s